Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Boise River Walk

Surprisingly I was not as weary as one should have expected after such a long flight. The "jet lag" effect was minimal. Retired to bed early after dinner. Was awake at 3.00 am next morning and couldn't sleep thereafter. So I picked up a book "The Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri and read till till 6.00 am. Then slept again for an hour and got up again at 7.00 am.Was feeling fully refreshed and energized. After a steaming cup of Starbucks coffee followed by light breakfast accompanied Mira, our charming & sprightly little grand daughter, to the Riverside Elementary School located about a mile from home. From there we drove to Bowns Road, parked the car and walked on the Green Belt route along the Boise River - which falls under Ada County Wildlife Habitat area. There are select tracks for pedestrians and cyclists. Boise River abounds in trout and year long fishing is permitted - subject to 2 trout and 25 white fish per day.
The weather was cool and pleasant and the atmosphere exhilirating. Autumn has begun to set in and leaves started yellowing. We saw many wild flowers and berries and many different kinds of trees. We saw a group of wood ducks , a falcon,a few terns,a couple of magpies and a solitary osprey. I believe there are over 250 species of birds in Boise area. There were many joggers and walkers some with the dogs on leash. Invariably we were greeted with beaming smiles and a loud  "Hi" or "How are you doing". On our return we went to Starbucks Drive Thru to pick some coffee powder.
Pictures taken during the walk are posted below.




42 comments:

  1. lovely pictures....
    especially the river..

    i'm jealous...

    regards

    anu

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complete post I must say ...Firstly it has ur positive vibes which gave a very freshning effect ...the photos are nice and clear ....and ur expression beautiful ....specially about ur grand daughter ...!!
    Enjoy ur stay ...

    regards ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The instant I saw 'Boise' on your post title that came up in my Reader, I was like 'Whoa!' Welcome to this part of the Globe :)

    Great pictures; I must say you are among the minority of photographers that can make even dandelions look interesting.

    Jet lag sometimes hits after a couple of days or a week. Be well rested and Finally, if you are considering visiting Texas, do let me know. Enjoy the kids and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for warm & enthusiastic comment and the invite but Texas is not in our travel itinerary :(

      Delete
  4. Nice photos.

    http://rajniranjandas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you need to wear a jacket outdoors? Nice photos of nature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until yesterday no jackets. This morning there was a very cold draught requiring me to wear a jacket for the morning walk. Progressively I believe winter will be setting in. Perhaps I may see snow by month end if I am lucky !

      Delete
  6. I loved all pics. Tree tomatoes?? they are so colorful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to go for a walk here too! Such serene, peaceful surroundings. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow sir, beatufiul pictures nad who would believe such lovely building too around the river.

    the first few pictures of nature are awesome , thank you so much for sharing with all of us



    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  9. the river is beautiful - as is that TREE! love the grasses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes TWG. I was also impressed by the tree and wild grass.

      Delete
  10. Absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed this 'tour' very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The river is the best, and all of them are tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Yes Kusum. This is just the beginning.There should be more varied colours as the month progresses.

      Delete
  13. I asked you about the fall in my mail before seeing the pictures.
    In another fortnight the hues would be deeper and more enchanting.Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Boise! Nice farmland in Idaho...I like the Starbucks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the wonderful virtual walk!! Beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The terrain, the foliage - so different! The place, in all its natural simplicity, is just beautiful! Oh wow! I love those cottony flowers/fruits and the dried grass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very beautiful here. The fall colours are splendid.

      Delete
  17. Pretty good pics. Have a great time.
    What is admirable about the Western folks is the lobby that is still strong in ensuring the beauty and grandeur of their Natural surrounds.
    No plastic, no garbage thrown around, and by far admirable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed people are very disciplined and diligently follow rules and norms.In most places you find separate bins for disposal of plastics,paper, glass,metal etc.

      Delete
  18. Boise is a lovely city, and you shared lots of nice photos here. I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janie.I shall try to make my posts as interesting and informative as possible.

      Delete
  19. Wow Ram!! I had no idea that such beauty exists in Boise -- I've never been there (surprisingly I haven't traveled much around the states, though I live here), but I'll definitely put it on my list of places to visit. Isn't it amazing how friendly some Americans are?! In NY or coastal cities, it is nothing like that, sadly :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryam. Yes Boise is a wonderful beautiful place with lots of warm people! We are having a great vacation !

      Delete
  20. Such a lovely place and such lovely pictures. I'm sure you're enjoying every bit of the trip. Namesake is a great book to read while you're on this holiday. I also recommend Unaccustomed Earth by the same author.
    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete

RAMAL RAMANATHAN'S 95th BIRTHDAY

Wedding Studio Photo Appa's 90th Birthday Ayushhomam at Coimbatore: 2006 Wedding Photo Photos clicked on Birthday at Coimbatore Special ...