Friday, October 12, 2012

Lunch at Settebello Pizzeria

After completing our tour of The Capitol it was well past noon. We were quite hungry and were deliberating what kind of cuisine we wanted for lunch. Bhavana pulled out her Apple i-phone and checked out various restaurants in Salt Lake city downtown. After some deliberations we settled for Italian Pizzas and decided on Settebello (Pizzeria Napoletana).The i-phone also has GPS facility and this gave clear directions to reach the eatery. It was a charming and cosy little place with a friendly atmosphere. We ordered a round of Margherita each accompanied by chilled Beer/Pepsi. Consist of the Pizzas: Crushed Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Basil, Parmigiano Reggiano, Extra Virgin Olive. I ventured into the open kitchen where they were mixing the dough, making the flat pancakes, adding the fillings and placing them in the oven. I chatted with the cooks and they were happy to let me take pictures. After consuming the delicious pizzas we decided to have some yummy ice creams.And there was a wide variety to choose from - all creamy,colourful and rich. Having fuelled our hunger we were ready to set off for our next destination: The great Salt Lake and the Antelope Island.
VegasVegas


43 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! you just made me SO hungry!!! oven roasted pizza! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy topping on Pizza and Beer!!!!

    I doubt if you are comfortable with meat. If you happen to be , try one of their Buffalo meat grill. I would starve a life time to have one again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. I am a vegetarian and hence grilled buffalo is out of question ! But hope your wish is fulfilled soon !

      Delete
  3. They are beautiful!!! your grand daughter is a star :)) Are you making your way to New York or what?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maryam. New York is not in my itinerary now. Will plan NY next time. How about your India visit ?
      Rgds Ram

      Delete
  4. I love pizza! That looks like a great pizzeria! Your daughter and granddaughter are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos. Pizza is great. Good thing I am eating lunch at this moment or else this would have made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The pizza and the beer picture is worth a tousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love brick oven pizzas, truly Italian. Looks like you had a great lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love pizzas!!
    and drooling over the pizza pic!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pizzas are one of my favourites. The fires that brings the flavour of the pizza, it's got to be an Italian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The expertise with which the pizzas are made was mesmerising.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photos!
    I love pizza and your pizza looks delicious.
    Beautiful photos in your previous posts too.
    Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  11. ♪彡♪♫°¸.•♫°`
    Passei para uma visitinha.
    Belas fotos. Elas estão muito felizes.
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    ♪♫♫°✿°`╮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magia.Appreciate your nice comments.Have a great week end. Ram

      Delete
  12. I did not know you were in the U.S. Welcome! This place looks very nice. And my wife loves Margherita pizza. Hope you're enjoying your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lowell. I am at Boise till end of the month. My daughrer lives here. Yes we are having a nice holiday. Rgds Ram

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog Ritika. Thanks for the comment and please keep visiting. Regards Ram

      Delete
  14. Pizza from a brick oven is delicious. Yours looks very good :)
    Have a great journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely pizzas,always best cooked on stone ........ an authentic piece of Italy in Salt Lake City!

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!! Superb clicks of the pizza oven!!!All your pics & the write never fail to amaze me..Yet another entertaining post by you :) And reg your Q in my blog, yes Anjali is my lil sis :)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. The little girl steals the post. She's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wowww!! looks like you are having a great time! awesome pics!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like our Tandoori but the ovens are great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice pictures, especially that of the oven.

    ReplyDelete

RAMAL RAMANATHAN'S 95th BIRTHDAY

Wedding Studio Photo Appa's 90th Birthday Ayushhomam at Coimbatore: 2006 Wedding Photo Photos clicked on Birthday at Coimbatore Special ...